This is a very interesting comparison between two distinctly different approaches to health, the natural approach and the medical/allopathic approach. It comes from a study entitled A Comparative study of the Health Status of Children Raised Under the Health Care Models of Chiropractic and Allopathic Medicine.
Truly Healthy Children: Chiropractic VS. Allopathic(Medical) Care for Kids
1. There is a “definite correlation between chiropractic care and superior health”.
2. 69% of the chiropractic children have never had otitis media (middle ear infection), while only 20% of the medical children never had otitis media.
3. Chiropractors contend that chiropractic care improves quality of life, stimulates the immune system, and confers superior health.
4. 95% of the chiropractors considered that chiropractic has a “positive effect on their children’s health.” (The positive effect on my children’s lives is very obvious.)
5. “This study has shown that children raised under chiropractic care are less prone to infections processes such as the otitis media and tonsillitis, and that their immune systems are better able to cope with allergens such as pollen, weeds, grasses, etc., as compared to children raised under allopathic care.” (I can personally vouch for this statement having been raised under the care of chiropractic my entire life.)
6. This is a significant decreased history of antibiotic use among the chiropractic children, “indicating a lowered susceptibility to bacterial infections as a result of greater immune system response.”
7. The chiropractors responded that the “recovery period from any trauma or illness by their children was more rapid than that of their children’s peers.”
8. Non-immunized chiropractic children who came down with those childhood diseases seem to have minor diseases that were not incapacitating. “The hypothesis that chiropractic care maintains the immune system is supported by the observation that even though the children did have the disease, their lifestyles were not affected and recovery periods were short.”
9. Comments from medical pediatricians indicate that a number of them believe that, essentially, all children suffer from otitis media and that all children have at least one course of prescribed antibiotics. “These are fallacies propagated within allopathic medicine, as demonstrated by this study.”
10. “This study has shown that there is validity in the premise that chiropractic has a positive effect on the health status of individuals.”
11. 91% of the chiropractic children started chiropractic care by age 1. (My children began chiropractic care just hours after they were born.)
12. The results of the study confirmed the benefits of the chiropractic model of health care on the health status of children.
13. Allopathic healthcare is primarily disease treatment. Chiropractic healthcare is primarily preventative
14. 94% of medical children are vaccinated while only 25% of chiropractic children are vaccinated (from abstract).
Title: A Comparative study of the Health Status of Children Raised Under the Health Care Models of Chiropractic and Allopathic Medicine
Citation: Journal of Chiropractic Research—Research Forum Summer 1989; Vol. 5, No. 4, pp.101-103
Authors: Wendy M. van Breda D.C., and Juan M. van Breda, D. C.
Synopsis: By Dan Murphy, D.C.